Switching Versions in Steam
To minimize save game disruption, we offer several versions of GearCity. Default Build, labeled as “None,” is the initial version you install on Steam. It is the current main release and the version you should use unless you want to play an older save game or have a technical need to run the 32-bit version on a 64-bit system.
Older versions of the game and a 32-bit build are available for compatibility reasons. Please use the Default build unless you need to do otherwise.
Occasionally a “Testing” build is available in the Steam Builds system. These builds require frequent save game changes but offer the latest features for the game.
The following are steps on how to change builds.
- Click “Library”. Click for Step 1 image.
- On the left list, select “GearCity.” (You must have the game installed.) Click for Step 2 image.
- Right Click “GearCity” in the list. Click for Step 3 image.
- Select “Properties”. Click for Step 4 image.
- Click the “Betas” tab. Click for Step 5 image.
- Click the drop-down button. Click for Step 6 image.
- Select the build you wish to play. Click for Step 7 image.
- Click Close.
GearCity is committed to being DRM-free and self-contained. Because of this, you can easily backup a copy of your game by simply copying the GearCity folder and saving it anywhere else.